Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Brooklyn - 18 months

This 18 month old of ours is quite the girl.

If I had to describe her perfectly in two words, it would be social and busy

I never thought I'd have such an outgoing, social child.  John and I were both pretty shy kids, so I don't know where she got it from.  Everywhere we go she is waving (her Miss America wave) and saying hi to everyone.  If she says hi to someone and they don't say it back she'll say hi again.  And again..but louder this time.  And again...even louder...until they finally say it back.  She cracks me up.

She is a busy one (like all kids this age).  My brother Mike calls her 'fidget' and it sure fits her.  She can't sit still for long and always has something to do, something to explore, something to make a mess of.  She wears me out each day, but I do love this age.  She is learning so much and growing up way too fast.

Some random pictures and stories of her from the last month:

Her new favorite way to sleep in her crib - with her legs out the side.  She falls asleep like this most nights now so when John or I check on her before we go to bed we pull them out so they don't get stuck.




Here she is eating her Daddy's plate of dinner, before he got home from work and just after she had already finished her own.




Her new favorite thing to do - put as many things in the bathtub as fast as she can when she hears the water running.  The first night this happened I started running her bath water and went upstairs to get pajamas.  I came back down and found these things in the tub...
 all the magnets from the fridge, a tablecloth, and 2 plastic bags.  I caught her just in time...as she was about to throw my shirt in too.  

    She wasn't happy when I wouldn't let her throw anything else in.  Since then she does this every night, with my supervision of course, so she doesn't throw in the cell phones and books that she wants to.

Another new favorite thing is playing with play doh.  After my friend Mandy brought over some homemade play doh one day and Brooklyn seemed interested in it, I made some too.  Now Brooklyn asks to play with hers every day.  




She has started feeding herself completely - by that I mean with a spoon/fork and does it all on her own.  She would eat finger food of course by herself before, but now I've started letting her do even the messy stuff.  These pictures are her at breakfast with some yogurt.  Even though it gets everywhere, it's cute to see her do it all by herself (and it takes her awhile so I usually get a lot done).




And just a few other other random pictures...

Brooklyn and cousin Sophia having a bath


Brooklyn and cousin Lucy playing ring-a-round the rosie with their dolls :)



And the best thing about having an 18-month old.....NURSERY!!  We actually started sending her at 17 months because John was teaching and no way I wanted to try and have 2 kids in Relief Society.  But she did great (I knew she would or I wouldn't have sent her early)!  I love checking in on her during Sunday school and seeing her sing the songs and do the actions....makes a mom proud :)

6 comments:

  1. She is such a funny girl and definitely a "fidget." She makes us laugh and we miss her around here! You are such a great mom to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so funny and smart. She is going to miss and be missed by all of her cute cousins! But she'll have a new one here to play with. I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That girl cracks me up!! I love that she has her own little routine with the bath toys! I'm glad that she likes the play dough too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for nursery:) Yes, 18 months seems to be the busiest time, because they can't really sit and do anything for more than 2 seconds. I totally laughed at the all the things in the tub.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so grown up and cute Beck. I love the crib photos- We have found Charli like that a couple times to and laughed our heads off. I love the ideas that kids have. Play dough is a great idea. I need to look into that. Can you email me the recipe?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was laughing out loud at this post, esp the bath tub part. Haha! Oh my this such a fun age- tiring no doubt but seriously entertaining! She is such a cutie Beck. I love her outgoing personality. And her sampling of all the food at the park the other day ;) haha!

    ReplyDelete