Wednesday, August 29, 2012

a pool and a park

We love having a pool in our apartment complex. 
It really is a 'must have' living in Arizona.  It's funny to me that you really don't see anyone outside this time of year, unless you are swimming.  Sometimes I feel like we are the only ones living in our complex because we hardly ever see anyone.  But that is because you are either inside or at the pool.

We have gone swimming several times already and love it.  Brooklyn especially loves to jump off the side to John or I and asks to do it over and over and over again. 


this little fella is usually pretty good and just hangs out in his car seat 
(I need to buy a little fan to keep him cooler...he is usually all hot and sweaty when we're done..but don't worry...we are constantly checking on him)




look at that belly on Jake!  I'm tellin' ya, he's a CHUNK! :)

Brooklyn loves this car float that Grandma Betty gave her.




There are also a few close parks to our house, which will be nice once the weather gets cooler we can go to them more often.  Recently we've had some overcast days, so it was bearable one night to walk to the park and play.
He doesn't look almost 3 months old...more like 6 or 7 months old.


flyin' high








Do you see anyone else at the park??  .......NOPE!  No one is ever outside here...seriously!  We are the new, crazy people that think "oh we can just endure the heat"...but we are quickly learning!

6 comments:

  1. Yep, that's how it is in Texas too...everyone hibernates in the summer, then they come out to play in the winter. Just the opposite of Utah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I just love the belly on Jake!! I love how he is always just packed up and doing what ever Brooklyn's doing! Ha. So cute!! Oh yeah, soooooooooooooo jealous that you guys have a pool!! I bought a kiddie pool for Clover that I probably couldn't even fit a yard stick inside. Ha! so lame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her swimming suit is so dang cute. That pool looks so nice. I bet it is a MUST HAVE for sure. Jake looks so big I love how fast he is growing but it is sad I am missing it all. Brooklyn's shoes are cute to.... where did you get them? They both seem so old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also going to say that Jake seems like a super content baby. Soooo nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who Jake, take it easy. That belly is adorable. Glad you guys are making it out a lot, you will LOVE it here in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Brooklyn already looks older to me. I think the picture of Jake in the swing makes him look like dad - especially his smile! You are smart to spend time outside when you can and especially in the water!

    ReplyDelete