Wednesday, August 8, 2012

24th of July

We had a fun 24th.

Rich, Mike, and I ran the Deseret News 10k in the morning.  I had to get up early to feed Jake before I left (John stayed with the kids - and they were all still asleep when I got home :))  Rich and I left at 5 o'clock to meet Mike at Liberty Park - which ended up that Mike slept through his alarm (funny story in itself) and we just met him at the starting line.  I have never done a 10k before and have decided that it is a perfect race to do - doesn't require a ton of training, but just enough to have something to work towards.  And I was happy with my time.  Below was what was posted on the internet of the results:

Female 25 to 29
                                                                                               Chip         Gun        Chip 
    Place    Name                              City              Bib No  Age   Overall         Time        Time        Diff        Pace 
      26    Becky Mortensen                   Salt Lake City  UT   2445   26      687        51:03.7     51:49.8      0:46.0      8:13/M

The kids and I spent the afternoon at the Bowen's (John had to work).  The younger kids played on the trampoline with water balloons in their swimming suits and Jeannette, Mike, and I watched.  I love watching Brooklyn play with her cousins because she loves them and acts like she is a big kid like them.  The pictures below crack me up because Brooklyn is on the ground most of the time on the trampoline because she couldn't get up with the older kids bouncing...but she didn't care...she loved it. 

 






Jeannette and Mike

The rest of our siblings, the Cowden's, and Graf's came over for dinner and fireworks later on.  It was another fun time together.  I am going to miss these family get-togethers so much while we're in Arizona!














I love this picture of the little girls watching the fireworks.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun 24th of July!! Looks like you had a good time, cute cute pictures. Great job on the 10K! I have never ran one before but I want to one day. I am so excited to see your new place in AZ. Good Luck with the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to miss you more than you'll miss us! I love too how much Brooklyn loves being with my kids and how amazing it is that she loves Hannah so much! I'm going to miss days like that where you'd come over and we'd hang out for the day - waiting for the next festivities to begin! Good, good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute pictures! The 24th is one of my fave holidays, it stinks not celebrating it. That's awesome you already did a 10K, you're such a warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun holiday. I can't believe you already ran a 10k and got such a great time. I can barely walk a mile. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete