Sunday, July 29, 2012

play dates!

I love having play dates with friends.  It gives us something to do, gets us out of the house, let's me have adult conversation :), and keeps Brooklyn busy and entertained.  

We went to the Church's history museum with Misty (her suggestion) and Sophia and friend Lily and her daughter Lydia.  I've been there before but didn't realize they have a kids area.  It was nice to go somewhere free, air conditioned, and with chairs that we sat down on and watched the girls play.  An ornery older lady who worked there got mad at Brooklyn a couple times.  One time was because Brooklyn took a bite out of a plastic orange...but in Brooklyn's defense it did look like a real orange.  The lady wasn't too happy about that! :)    
  

the girls playing in the pretend garden 


 and Mr. Jake just slept in his car seat 



We have also been to the aquarium with my friend Brittany and the two kids she nannies, Katherine and Matthew.  Brooklyn acted really excited to see the fish, but when I'd hold her up to the big tanks she'd get really scared and not let go of me.  I tried to explain to her that there was glass and the fish couldn't get her...but she didn't really understand.  She stayed her distance the rest of our time there.







 keeping her distance :)


 

4 comments:

  1. so cute! Can't wait to see you guys again before you move! :[

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I am laughing about the orange. SO dang cute. Love all the pics. Looks like you are staying busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! I love that she's eating with the missionaries! I think mean old people should not be able to work at kid play places, that would not have made me happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, eating an orange. Who could have so little to care about that they would care about that? Brookie is getting to be a big girl!

    ReplyDelete