Thursday, July 5, 2012

newborn pictures/18 month pictures

Up first....Jake's birth announcement.  My cousin Kelsi designed it for me and as always, it turned out great and I love it.  I wanted it to be simple (for a boy) and wanted to put a picture of Brooklyn on there as well.  


When Jake was a week old I took the kids in to a place called fotofly (recommended by my cousin Meg) to get their pictures taken.  I wanted some newborn of Jake, some of them together, and some of Brooklyn at almost 18 months.  I made sure to schedule it when my mom was still in town to help me and I am so glad I did.  It was exhausting - and we weren't even the ones trying to get them to cooperate to take their picture (by their...meaning Brooklyn.  Jake was a gem).  Brooklyn did great taking pictures by herself, but when they tried to take the two of them together, she refused to hold or even touch Jake.  They tried and tried to put him on her lap, have them side by side on a couch, but she wasn't having any of it.  So finally they laid them down next to each other on a big bean bag and got a couple of them that way.







  
Jake's newborn pictures: (sorry for the picture overload)












I love this one - I think he looks like an old wrinkly man :)


And Brooklyn's 18 month pictures:











I was so happy with how these turned out.  I'm hoping to do family pictures with them sometime soon.    

6 comments:

  1. So adorable!!! We really do need to get together!! I think Brooklyn would get along with my girls great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all turned out adorable Beck! It seems like a really nice place and very reasonable pricing. The kids are so dang cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pics!!! She cracks me up that she didn't want to hold him or touch him lol! What did this place charge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable! Brooklyn is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo darn cute. Love the announcement, it's hanging on our fridge! Brooklyn has so much personality in all her pics I just love it. She is such a good mix of you and John!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUCH cute pictures!! I love all of them, the announcement is soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete