Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Jake's blessing

We blessed Jake on Sunday, July 8th.

It was such a great day.  John gave Jake a wonderful blesssing...from what I heard anyway :)
I was trying to keep Brooklyn quite and hold her still while he was blessing him.  Luckily John turned on his phone recorder right before he went up to bless him, so I was able to listen to it again.

After church we had family and close friends over for lunch.  I kept it simple and did taco salad, rolls, fruit, cookies, and brownies.  It was fun to visit with everyone and extra special to have John's sister Sonya and brother James and his family in town from Texas.  We are so grateful for our families and the support they give us.  Marc and Betty were a huge help the night before getting everything set up and Rich and Misty got all the food out for us after church....thank you!





Beth and Jake 

Bella and Grandma Betty 

Jake taking a nap on Uncle James 

I wanted to get a picture of these two cousins together.  They are only a week apart and look like they could be twins to me.  I wonder if Jake will look anything like Royce.
  


Jake was worn out after his big day!

6 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures Beck! He is growing up so fast. So sad we couldn't make it to the blessing. Sounds like you had a really nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby boy! He is already changing and looking older! Um, YES they could totally be twins....CRAZY CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun, wish I could have been there to eat all of your food. He is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this little boy! Love that he looked at me and smiled--aaah! The blessing was great and your food was delicious. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a stud!! Love that last one. What a cute fam!!!

    ReplyDelete