Saturday, September 1, 2012

school has started!

John finished his first week of classes this week.

I think overall it went well and he is excited to get in to the swing of things.  It was good for Brooklyn, Jake, and I too to get a feel for what a typical week will be like for us now.  John has a test every Tuesday...so I think we'll be having FHE on Tuesday nights because I doubt we'll see much of him on Mondays.

Here are his 'first day of school' pictures.




I think I was more excited/nervous than he was.   I drove him to class (we are looking to buy him a bike because it's too hot most days to walk....even at 7 am when it's only 95 degrees).  I felt like I was dropping one of my kids off for the first time - so proud of him!  And I did the embarrassing honk and "I LOVE YOU JOHN" as he walked away...which he didn't turn around to acknowledge :) 


6 comments:

  1. Yay!! That is awesome his first week is down so you can get an idea on how things will be over the next 4 years. I love that you honked at him ha ha. Cracks me up. Did you end up taking that motorcycle to AZ with you? Love that second photo of him and B. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I just started laughing. Remember our Dad's used to do that to us in front of West. Way to go John! One week down, hundreds to go. J/K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I love that you honked! In a few short years you'll be doing that to Brooklyn. I can't even imagine riding a bike in that weather! Poor John!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha....totally laughing at the honk and I love you....I do that ALL THE TIME and Dean HATES IT!
    YAY for school starting.....Good luck to you guys

    ReplyDelete
  5. HaHa!! I love that you took first day of school pics!!

    ReplyDelete