Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Brooklyn's in a toddler bed

Yup, that's right!

My big girl is in a toddler bed.
In some ways that makes me so happy and in other ways it makes me so sad.

It has been over a week now since we've moved Brooklyn to a big girl bed and she has done great.  I was very hesitant about doing it because she is still so little (19 months), but we thought she had potential to do really well with it and we wanted to give her time to adjust before we move Jake into her room, in the crib.  It makes me sad that she is growing up so fast...and sad that in some ways she has to grow up a little faster because she has a little brother just 16 months behind her.

John and I put her bed together one night and showed it to her the next morning when she woke up and made a big deal about it all day.  I took the kids swimming that morning and knew Brooklyn was worn out by nap time.  I promised her a sucker when she woke up from her nap if she stayed in her bed...and she did!  She didn't get out once.  I knew it was too good to be true, but I was still so proud of her.  The first night she got out five times, the second night three times, and the third night once.  And since then she has stayed in her bed at nap time and bed time without getting out.  She has been promised a sucker every time she stays in her bed (I'm planning to slowly stop the suckers for staying in bed).  I love when she comes walking out in the morning or after a nap - she has a big grin on her face and is so proud of herself.  She never forgets to remind me of a "suckah" too.   

 these were taken the first morning after she slept in her big girl bed

 so excited about her sucker

7 comments:

  1. What a big girl! She is so grown up and I think loves the challenge of growing up! Nothing's stoppin' her! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so grown up Beck. I can't believe she is already in a toddler bed. Look at her brown skin! She is so pretty!! I want to see pics of your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Brooklyn! I'd milk the suckers as long as it will last! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always use suckers to bribe my kids :) they work for potty training too! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so cute and looks so grown up in the big bed. We moved H into a big boy bed around that age because he was climbing out of his crib constantly. Sounds like it's going great!!! Way to go Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing Beck! Good job Brooky! She is really tan, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love it!! She's doing awesome! Nothing's wrong with a little bribery, totally would do the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete