Friday, November 2, 2012

Utah Trip - part 1

Brooklyn, Jake, and I had the best time in Utah.

A few months ago my sister Jeannette asked if I would be willing to watch her 6 kids, while she and my brother-in-law Jon went away for a few days.  My quick response was YES...of course!!  Two free plane tickets and 2 weeks in Utah, to enjoy family and the nice fall weather??  There was no doubt about it.  And I definitely got the better end of the deal. 

I was nervous to fly alone with 2 kids.  2 little kids.  But overall, they did good.  I learned a few things -  have Brooklyn in the window seat so she is trapped in and can't bother other people, suckers.stickers.fruit snacks.sprite all work great, let people help that are willing!  (and many people were which was so nice), don't care what other people think...I got a lot of looks and comments, especially when both kids were screaming when we were still on the ground and hadn't taken off yet, use the airport family bathrooms - these are good to nurse in, change diapers, etc. where Brooklyn can't escape.

Anyway, we arrived in Salt Lake Friday afternoon (October 12th).  Jeannette and Hannah picked us up and Brooklyn was SO excited to see them.  Her reaction was a little delayed, but once she recognized them, she couldn't stop smiling and waving in their faces. 

We went to Olive Garden that night with all of my siblings (except Mike who was out of town).  It was so fun to all be together again.       




 
Kate and Pete

  

  
Sophia, Misty, and Rich

 

These are a few pictures I snapped after we got all the kids ready for bed that night.  Brooklyn smiled all day long and was so happy to be back around her cousins.
 Hailey and Hannah



 
 Emily and Jake - it was a tiring day for Jake...he is out cold here.

The next day we helped Jeannette get ready for her witches party that she does every year.  Brooklyn liked helping (and eating) Kate make the witches brooms.  

  

 


And this guy just enjoyed all that was going on around him.




 Later the younger girls went out to jump and I caught some cute pictures of them....once again....Brooklyn is in heaven.





That night was the witches party.  Jeannette always does a GREAT job of putting this together for all the cousins and I look forward to it every year.  (I made sure that she did the party while I was in Utah :))  
 
the Bowen house - it looked awesome.

 This was my witches hat this year.  The theme was 'favorite holiday' and my niece Lindsey made my hat for me.  She came up with the idea and did the whole thing by herself...she did such a good job and I loved how it turned out.

 voting on the hats



One of my favorite cousins Jen won this years witches quilt....I was so glad she did!

3 comments:

  1. so happy you got to come back and spend time with your fam!!! I bet they've missed you all tons. I bet Brooklyn was happiest of all to be around all her cousins again :) You need to call me next time your in town so I can see your face girl!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so much to comment! So glad you were able to go home. Flying is so hard (emotionally) when you have a baby. I flew so much last year by myself and I would hide in the family bathroom at the Denver Airport for like an hour every time ha ha - sometimes I would cry. I'm glad you made it with 2 kids alone. I can't imagine. All of Jeannettes kids look SO grown up and are so cute. The witches party looks like a hit and that quilt looks amazing. All of it just looks so fun. Oh and I love the idea of your Christmas Tree hat! Both of your kids look so different Beck. Makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed seeing you while you were here. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. The witches party looks like it was a blast. I was sad I missed it. I was happy Jen won the quilt. It is amazing as usual. Brooklyn and Jake are getting so big. Question for you, do you like the bumbo? I've never had one, but it seems pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete