Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Grandma Sorenson's visit

My mom has now been back in Russia for almost a week, and we are surviving without her :)  BUT, it was SO NICE having her here.  I can't thank her enough for coming out again to help me with a new baby (and a very busy toddler this time too).  She was the biggest help - did laundry, dishes, cleaned bathrooms, made meals, got up with Brooklyn in the mornings so John and I could sleep in, ran errands, treated us to lunches, went quilt shopping together, and kept me company.  I sure miss having one of my very best friends around....it was so nice just to be with her all day, every day. 

Here are a few more pictures from her stay...


They are in sweatshirts about to go outside to swing - one of Brooklyn's favorite things to do.  
(Brooklyn's jacket was John's when he was little :)) 


It is nice to have Grandma's who buy you lots treats and then clean you up after. 


And the night before my mom left....she bought popsicles, so Brooklyn and Sophia enjoyed them outside.  






she was a sticky mess when she was done!

4 comments:

  1. Your mom is the sweetest. So happy she could make it back to help you out!! Nothing's better than having your mama around when life gets a little hectic.

    Love Popsicles in diapers!! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had your mama for a week. How nice of her to come home to help you.
    I LOVE that Brooklyn is wearing John's sweatshirt. SO CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so nice your mom came home to help. Loved all the cute pictures. She is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Mom! Looks like it was a good week.

    ReplyDelete