Tuesday, June 19, 2012

2 weeks

Jake had his 2 week appointment today (he is actually 2 1/2 weeks).
His stats were:
9 pounds 14 ounces = 76th percentile
(what??  he's gained over a whole pound in 2 weeks....that's my boy!)
21 1/2 inches = 73rd percentile
head size = 40th percentile

The first 2 weeks have flown by.  It makes me so sad that he is already changing so much and almost out of newborn clothes.  I wish they stayed little little much, much longer!

Some things about Jake's first 2 weeks:
- still hates having his diaper changed
- loves bath time, except getting out...hates that
- is a great eater (hence him gaining over a pound already...the doctor complimented me too and said "well done.  you're practically feeding him cream")
- is a good sleeper...naps a lot during the day.  goes to bed around 10:30...wakes up between 1:30-2...sleeps until 5:30-6...sleeps until 9ish.
- doesn't mind tummy time and has a strong little neck and likes to look around
- puts up with his sister's pokes and jabs throughout the day

watching baby Einstein with Brooklyn




Brooklyn will occasionally show a little bit of interest in him :)



7 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's already TWO weeks old!! I love the pics with Brooklyn just laying there staring at him, so cute!! -Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo cute! I want to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little man! Can't wait to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's growing like a champ! Can't believe he's already 2 1/2 weeks old. Are you ever afraid she's going to hurt him? I'm totally nervous with my crazy, wild boy when baby arrives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how big he looks Beck! He is so cute. I will be down in SL this weekend for a week so lets get together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a doll! Love that he sleeps for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He already looks so different. I love that he is growing so fast, those Mortensen boys!

    ReplyDelete