Friday, June 22, 2012

Father's Day

I think John would say he had a nice Father's Day.  Earlier in the week, when my mom was still in town, I surprised him with a date night and my mom watched the kids.  John chose to eat at The Pie and then we went for a drive afterwards.  It was nice being just the 2 of us - we took our time and enjoyed ourselves.

On Sunday I told John there would be no Father's Day breakfast :)  It was busy enough getting myself and two kids ready and fed before 9:30 church - and we were even early.  But, he did get a Father's Day lunch...I let him pick whatever he wanted - he chose a quesadilla (I love that he is a simple man).  Then Brooklyn helped me make him a candy gram.  This was actually pretty hard to do with her and took a lot longer than I thought.  I would tape the candy on and she would take it right off.  This happened over and over again until finally I just finished it myself while she ate some of the candy.  



before church 

I'm really not this creative - I completely stole this idea from pinterest. 

I'm so grateful for the type of Dad that John is.  I joke with John (although it's actually true) that he has always been the worried parent and I'm the care free one.  He is always extra concerned about their happiness, health, or whatever it may be.  It makes me love him that much more knowing how much he loves his kids.

2 comments:

  1. I love candy bar posters. I use to always do those for Tom. I think they are fun to do. Cute pictures to. I can't believe you are already going to church. I didn't go for the first month I had Charli. You are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute poster. Can't wait to have you guys down here...although....it is miserably hot right now. Can't believe you guys have two kids!

    ReplyDelete