Saturday, May 12, 2012

weekend in Arizona

Last weekend John and I flew down to Arizona to look for a place to live.  We left Brooklyn with my brother Mike for half the time and sister Jeannette for the other half.  Thank you both SO MUCH.  It was so nice not to have her (it is the first time we've left her) because we were busy all day Saturday going from one place to the next, it was hot, ....she would have been miserable.

We stayed with my cousins Mike and Camille, who live in Gilbert, which is going to be about 40 minutes away from us in Glendale.  They were the best hosts and we had a great time.

We flew in Friday night, rented a car, and got to Mike and Camille's around 7.  We were all starving and went out to eat at a local pizza/italian place (I can't remember what it was called).  We shared calzones that were HUGE and sooo good.  Then we went to Bahama Bucks for some shaved ice (it reminded me a lot of Matsumoto's in Hawaii) and was so good too.  Mike and Camille treated us to both.

Saturday we got breakfast and then started our day looking around for places to live.  I tried to schedule us for a variety of places to look at before we went down...houses, apartments, town homes.  We were able to see about 10 places and I think we've decided on one and going to pay the deposit for it this weekend.  The one we chose is 2 blocks from campus (this had a lot to do with our decision), which will be so nice to be able to visit John during lunch or whenever he has a break.  It's a 2 bedroom apartment in a gated community, with a pool, exercise room, all that good stuff.  It is really nice and we are excited about it.

 John also drove me around Midwestern so I could see the campus.  It is weird to me to see a campus in the dessert....a lot of rocks and dirt...but there was a lot more green than I expected.

On our way back to Mike and Camille's we stopped at the Cardinal football stadium (John's request....he is excited to hopefully go to a game sometime).  It was huge and cool to see.  We also stopped at the Mesa Temple and walked around the grounds and cooled off in the visitors center for awhile.  (Sorry the next pictures are blurry...they were taken with my phone)


36 weeks pregnant



Once we got back to Mike and Camille's we hung out for a bit before we went to Joe's Farm Grill.  Once again, it was sooo good (this is a place that has been on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the food network).

got these pictures off of Camille's blog


this picture was taken with my phone....this was John and I's food.....sooooooo good

Thank you again Mike and Camille, my brother Mike, and Jeannette for making this trip so much easier for us!  We couldn't have done it without you.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys were able to go have a nice weekend away together...even if it was apartment hunting! I'm so excited for this new chapter for you guys... I loved living in AZ, and I know you will too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Mike and Camille took you to some great places! We LOVE Joes Farm Grill. Glad you found a good place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Your place looks dang nice! Excited for you guys! AZ would be a fun place to live for a while. You guys will have a blast. I still can't believe I haven't seen that pregnant belly, man I suck! I will be texting you this week! Cause that baby is gonna be here before I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to go just the 2 of you to find a place. Looks like a really nice place. So excited for you guys!!!
    You look so cute at 36 weeks, do you have a name for this boy???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beck you look great! So excited for this little boy to come. Glad you had a wonderful time in AZ and that you have found a place to live. You won't regret living close to campus--- its totally worth the time you get to see him. Camille and Mike are always the best hosts. We have been to all of those places you mentioned and they are all SO good. Sounds like a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for you guys! I'm glad you found a place to live!! It looks like you'll have lots of fun cooling off in pool in your back yard!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a ton of fun AND it looks like you've picked a nice place. I can't believe you're leaving me in the dust--I'll miss you, but so happy for your opportunity. What a great time in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you found such a nice place. That looks great. Can't believe how fast it is coming. Lots of fun changes for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like its been forever since I caught up with you guys on your blog! You guys have been busy. I am glad you found a place and Brooklyn is of course just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete