Tuesday, May 15, 2012

pregnancy comparisions

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday and officially scheduled my induction at the hospital.....which will be Monday, June 4th.  That is just three weeks away!!  I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone.  Much, much faster than it did with Brooklyn (I'm sure having to chase a toddler around all the time has a lot to do with it).

My friend Lara did a pregnancy comparison right before she had her 2nd baby and I wanted to do the same and write down what I remember about both and how they've compared.
  • morning sickness/nausea - had none with both.  I know I am so lucky not to get sick while pregnant (fingers crossed it will always be like this).  I don't know how those that do get sick, do it.  Especially when you have other kids to take care of too.  I was sick once with this pregnancy (12 hour flu) and it was NOT fun.  I didn't realize how painful throwing up/dry heaving is when you're pregnant.
  • showed much either with this little guy - and hear you only show earlier with each child.  I felt like I could hide my pregnancy pretty well with Brooklyn for awhile (although it helped that she was a winter baby and I wore lots of sweatshirts/jackets).  John and I wanted to wait until Christmas to tell everyone we were expecting, but by Thanksgiving I knew I wouldn't be able to hide it much longer so we told our families then.
  • food cravings - not really much with either.  I love to eat in general, whether pregnant or not, and enjoy eating even more food when I'm pregnant :)  Although with this pregnancy I've LOVED cereal, even more than I normally do.  I could eat cereal for every meal....doesn't matter what kind.  
  • exercise - was able to run 3 miles with this pregnancy up until 34 weeks.  With Brooklyn, I stopped running around 24 weeks..mostly because I got lazy and it was much colder/darker in the mornings.  It got to be a little embarrassing running though because I few times people stopped to clap for me or said things like "good for you" or just had an "I feel sorry for you" smile on their face as we passed each other.  So now I'll just stick to walking until he's born.  
  • carpal tunnel/swelling - not much this time around (well...so far anyway...I've probably jinxed myself these last 3 weeks).  With Brooklyn I got carpal tunnel in my hands months 7 and 8, but the last month it went away.  I haven't had it at all with this baby...luckily!  And at this point in my pregnancy with Brooklyn my wedding ring no longer fit and my feet were pretty swollen by the end of the day.  This time around...wedding ring is still on and not much swelling yet.
  • dilated - with Brooklyn, nothing at all...I was induced at a 0.  This time around...I'm at a 11/2 right now!  I know that isn't much, but to me it is a lot.  I didn't think I'd dilate at all again and was so happy to hear that I am.  When my doctor told me I called John so excited and said it took me 7 hours in the hospital on pitocin to get that far with Brooklyn.  My fingers are crossed that this labor goes quicker.
Overall, this pregnancy has been great and easier than Brooklyn.  I am very excited to not be pregnant anymore and even more excited to meet this little boy!!  (now if only John and I could agree on a name.....suggestions anyone? :))

And a pregnancy picture....which is blurry and not the best....but best I could do.
36 weeks

12 comments:

  1. 3 weeks, that's all? You are so lucky!! You look great. Excited to meet this little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky!!! You're soooo close! Geez, I feel like you haven't been pregnant long enough to pop this little guy out--so I guess like you say, you've been kept busy with sweet little Brooklyn. It was way fun to read your comparisons and I'm soooo glad this has been (what sounds like) a pretty great pregnancy! We are way excited to meet this little kidlet! Hang in there and looking forward to June 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for names--I think you should go with a Spanish name--how about JUAN? JK :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beck I am so happy you are at a 1.5!!!!! Wahoooooo. The labor will go fast and you DO look great. I am shocked at how fast this pregnancy went. Can't wait to meet the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each baby definately comes faster!! So maybe you will come even before you are enduced! That would be exciting!! Good luck with everything! I cant wait to see who he looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky I am so impressed that you have still been running! You are amazing!!! I felt uncomfortable running so resorted to swimming laps... which I did up until about 31 weeks. My swimsuit no longer fits, and I feel like a whale... so haven't done much exercising since then. haha I am probably going to be induced a week early (maybe around the 7th). Can't wait to meet our little ones!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. K totally love the pic. You are the cutest ever!! So happy that you've dialated! Hooray! Who knows maybe you will come before your induction?! You never know! Just keep doing some jogging (while pushing Brooklyn in a running stroller!) that's what did it for me! :) don't worry though it was the only time I'd run during my whole pregnancy HAHA so your body probably wouldnt even be phased a bit ;) keep me posted babe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 weeks will FLY by! Enjoy this time with Brooklyn...because it's all going to change soon! :) Can't wait to meet your little prince... As for names...here's a few ideas for names: Aaron, Caleb, Jack (John, but call him Jack), Cooper, Asher, Bennett, Bodhi, Gunnar, August (but call him Gus), Jonah, Owen, and...Bradley :) Good luck! We had a really hard time figuring out a name for Aleks... Brad liked it from the beginning, but I was struggling with the spelling...imagining him having to explain how to spell it his whole life. Obviously, I got over that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so cute pregnant! I'm afraid for our next one and what my body's gonna do... when ever we get the courage to have 2 :) I'm soooo glad Clover and I are coming out before you guys move so I can meet this little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable pregnant girl!
    I agree that this has gone very fast--I'm dreading it a little because it means you're closer to moving--nooooo!
    Can't wait to meet the little cutie!

    ReplyDelete