Wednesday, April 25, 2012

my birthday weekend

I turned 26 this past Sunday.  It was a fun day/weekend.

Here is a recap of what we did...

Thurs night - Mike took us out for dinner and I got to pick where.  I chose one of my favorite places....the spaghetti factory.  It was deelish and I ate every single thing that was brought to us and that was on my plate.  (Brooklyn was being a pill at first because she was starving and it took awhile to get our food...but once it came she loved it and cheered right up.  She shared John's mizzithra with him and got it EVERYWHERE.  She now likes to run her hands through her hair while she eats...she smelt like butter by the end and had hair full of grease).  

This video is of Brooklyn when we got home from dinner.....her hair is disgusting.

Saturday - got my hair done!  It was much, much needed and felt so good to get some blonde color in it again and get it trimmed.  John's parents came down for lunch and treated us to Crown Burger...another one of my favs.

Sunday - had family over for dinner and dessert.  It was such a nice day outside (luckily) so we were able to eat outside.  We had a french fry bar (my choice..pretty much just a potato bar, but french fries instead), salads, fruit, and chips for dinner.  I recently got a french fry cutter (thanks to our good friends Raf and Claudia for suggesting it) and we LOVE it.  You just put the potato in and it slices perfect french fries that I then bake in the oven.  For dessert I chose chocolate donuts and homemade grapenut (the cereal) ice cream.  The ice cream sounds weird, but it is my favorite kind that my brother Rich makes.  

Brooklyn and Hannah 

Cameron and Brynna 

Emma and Brooklyn 


Annie 




11 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday. Poor John that looks like it hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing my head off at her hair. So funny. I love her little shoes to! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you :) Sounds like you had a really nice weekend. I love Spag Factory and Crown Burger. Sounds so good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a great weekend....um, french fry bar? Why didn't I know about this? Sounds delish!!!! Where did you get your french fry cutter?
    Glad you had a great birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Looks like a fun weekend. Spaghetti Factory - my fav too. Love it! Loved Brooklyn's greasy hair and cute shoes. She is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, greasy hair and all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you you cute lady! Your food is making me hungry. The greasy hair---cracking me UP! Why do kids do that? And the french fry bar--gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a GREAT birthday Becky! I LOVE that you bought a french fry cutter---isn't it the BEST?! Excited to see you guys this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday again Becky. That is so funny that she smelled like butter and cheese!! That french fry bar is right up my alley. And I'm not surprised at all that Rich would be making grapenut ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday lady!!! Fun weekend! Darn my iPhone for not playing the video of Brooklyn's hair but I can only imagine mizithra + butter + 1 yr old rubbing it all over. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete