Monday, April 2, 2012

conference weekend

We had a great weekend.  It was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy conference and spend more time together as a family.  Here is a recap:

Friday - I didn't have to work (I had already worked my 40 hours) which was so nice.  Brooklyn and I ran errands, went to the library, went on a walk, and made dinner together.  It was refreshing to just spend time with HER...and not her and my computer.  That night Pete babysat for us and saw the Hunger Games.  Loved it.



 (these pictures with Pete were actually taken a few weeks ago...you can see the big red spot/bruise on Brooklyn's forehead.  I was running her bath water and she was sitting on the kitchen counter.  I had one hand on her, but she suddenly tried to reach for a banana and got out of my grip and landed right on her forehead on the ground.  It was so scary/sad....she was ok....cried for a minute and then wanted to cuddle)

Saturday - exercised, watched the morning session of conference, drove up to Layton and spent the afternoon with John's parents, watched the afternoon session of conference, bbq for dinner, John went to priesthood with his dad, Brooklyn and I came home and went to Baskin Robins with Misty and Sophia for ice cream and then took the girls to the park.

Sunday - watched both sessions of conference and relaxed most of the day, went to the Bowen's for a birthday dinner for Rich.

And a couple pictures from the weekend:


 her new kicks that she got for Christmas finally fit her - I love her in them.


Also, some other news....

Here is a picture of me at 30 1/2 weeks.  I put the timer on to take the picture and this is the best I could get. I went to the doctor last week (I now am going every 2 weeks) and everything looks good.  The heart beat is nice and strong and he is getting bigger and bigger.


And.....Arizona here we come!!  That's right.....we are OFFICIALLY moving to Arizona in the fall for John to start optometry school at Midwestern University.


John got an email last week from the school in Oregon that said they just wanted to be upfront and honest and let him know they have offered all their spots.  They said he still could come up for the interview and be put on a wait list and still have the chance of getting in.  We talked about it for a few days and decided we both are so excited about Arizona that why spend the money to go up to Oregon.  Plus, we've already paid the deposit to Arizona, which we wouldn't get back if we by chance got in to Oregon.  So anyway....we are EXCITED!  It is nice to finally know for sure where we are going and now I feel like I can start planning and looking into things more.  Hopefully we'll go down in the next couple of weeks to look for a place to live.  (Better sooner than later....because I don't want to drive that far being any more pregnant than I already am....and once the baby comes things will be even busier!)

7 comments:

  1. whoo hoo Arizona! Its always great reading your updates and we are excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happy for you guys, but sad. I really was hoping that you would come back this way. At least I will get to see you before you move away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kicks are SOOOOO cute. I love that full picture of her standing up. She is so cute! Glad to finally see your belly bump. I can't believe how fast baby boy will be here Beck. So happy for you guys and for your big move coming up. Congrats to John especially! Those pics of Pete and B are adorable.... that bruise is bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures with Pete are ADORABLE!! Love them. Excited for you to move to AZ-hope you like heat, because you will be coming down right in the dead of summer. Hopefully you'll get a place with a pool too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO excited for you guys and the adventure that awaits you in Arizona!! How soon are you guys leaving? And how many years again? I gotta see you guys (and that belly soon- so cute!!) and get all the details. I think you guys are gonna love it.

    Brooklyn is such a cutie pie. I LOVE her little pony tail on top of her head :) Addie totally fell off the counter too the other day while I had one arm on her, so scary!! Glad she was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Arizona is awesome - other than the heat! I second what Camille said - make sure you get a place with access to a pool - it is a MUST with kids during the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah for Arizona. That will be so nice. I love the pictures with Pete. Her poor little head, that is so sad! You are small and looking good.

    ReplyDelete