Monday, April 23, 2012

softball injury

John started playing in a softball league this past week with some guys from work.  He told me he was going to play pitcher for that game before he left and I told him to be careful!  I always hate playing pitcher in slow pitch softball because you almost always get hurt.

Well sure enough, John came home with a big goose egg on his forehead, right above his eyes.  He said he was backing up the 2nd baseman who missed the ball coming in from the outfield and it hit him right in the face.  LUCKILY he was wearing a hat and that broke some of the impact.  I couldn't believe how bent his hat was from the hit.  I'm so glad he was wearing that hat or else it might have broken his nose or fractured his face.  (I'm also glad I wasn't at the game - I hate seeing people get hit like that).

The pictures...
right after it happened...





2 days later before church...

8 comments:

  1. OOOOUUUUUCCCCCHHHHH. Oh my gosh that looks like it kills. Good thing it went between the eyes and not on one of his eyes. I HATE getting hit by the ball. Poor John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh myyyyyy gooossshhhhh!! That is the worst thing!!! It looks so bad and painful. It's true, slow pitch pitchers almost always get hurt!!!!!!! Good thing it wasn't straight on from the bat. Ouch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg!!! That looks horrible!!! Hope he recovers ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really it was Brookyln who threw the ball huh? ;] that looks painful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOAH Becky. That is REALLY bad and so scary! That goose egg is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it was probably scary, but the pictures made me laugh. Is that bad? I've had injuries like these too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um....that is AWFUL! The black eyes are awful too. Glad he was wearing that hat to break the impact.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh. OUCH! That is terrible! Poor Johnny Juanny! Oh I have a headache just from looking at it. I hope he's doing much better now!

    ReplyDelete