Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lady Bug party

I had a lot of fun planning Brooklyn's birthday party.
It was also a TON of work....but totally worth it.  
I kept justifying it to myself that your first child only turns once :)  

I decided to do a lady bug themed party because Brooklyn was a lady bug for Halloween and I also found some cute party ideas on pinterest.  I'll let the pictures show what I mean...

the invitation - made by my cousin Kelsi - I LOVED the invite.  It looked just the way I had hoped and pictured.

 Happy Birthday banner

lady bug pretzels - I bought red and black chocolate that I dipped them in. 

 candy bar - red and black sixlets, hot tamales, red and black licorice, swedish fish.


lady bug ritz crackers w/ cream cheese spread, tomatoes, and olives. 

 I hung 12 pictures up of Brooklyn of 1-12 months of her first year.


 Lady Bug cake = my absolute favorite!!  My friend's sister made her cake and it was JUST what I wanted.  She did such a great job and I couldn't have been happier about it.


 

 party favors - cute lady bug sugar cookies (I didn't get a picture of them before I put them in the bag)

we also had pizza, red tortilla chips, and salsa 


Mandy and Clover



opening presents...





and last but not least, digging in the cake!  For those of you who don't know, John and I decided to keep the sex of baby #2 a secret from everyone until Brooklyn's party.  I had my friend's sister, who made the cake, die the inside blue (I text her the day we had the ultrasound to let her know what color to do it).  So when Brooklyn dug in to it....everyone would see at the same time what it was!!  It was such a fun way to tell everyone and hard to keep it a secret for 3 days.  I was so glad that Brooklyn had no hesitation of digging right in.  (I may or may not have not fed her dinner yet so she'd be really hungry :))




I love this little lady - she is totally worth it all.

13 comments:

  1. Beck everything turned out super cute. I love all of your cute ladybug ideas. That cake... WOW... so adorable. Looks like we missed out on a fun party. B is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Fun! What a great idea for your little Brooklyn ! She is so Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the cutest themed party ever!!! I love Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the cutest party! You did such a great job! Thank you for letting us be a part of her life! We love her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't even know where to begin, ADORABLE. Those pretzels and those lady bug appetizers are SO cute! And that cake, wow!! Her shirt is so cute! I would guess Peter gave it to her??

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Seriously Becky. What are you doing??? That is so, SOOOO stinkin' cute. Keep those cute glass jars forever--they are adorable. You are one talented lady! I'll be paying you to do my birthday parties from now on! And... Brooklyn is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The party turned out ADORABLE!!! Loved everything about it. That cake is seriously TO DIE FOR!!!
    Happy Birthday cute girl!:) Great planning Beck

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun birthday party! You did a great job I can tell you put a lot of work into it. I love the blue cake idea, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun birthday party! You did a great job I can tell you put a lot of work into it. I love the blue cake idea, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow girl!! You out-did yourself. And with being preggo and all! What an awesome mommy you are. Brooklyn will appreciate all the work one day. The ladybug ritz crackers are the cutest things I've ever seen. And I seriously love that cake. Nice job lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I hire you to do all my parties? Wow, everything was SO cute...especially the little birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. EVERYTHING is adorable! great job! That "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" shirt is to die for. Almost every time I say (or hear) her name, that song starts playing in my head. NO JOKE. I'm a true beastie at heart. haha all the little details for her party are just so cute@!

    ReplyDelete