Tuesday, January 31, 2012

12 months

Brooklyn had her 1 year appointment the other day.
Her stats were:
Weight: 22 lbs (74%)
Height: (37%)
Head Circumference: I can't remember but she has a big head....got that from her mom

what she is doing now:
  • walking more and more.  She is now doing about half crawling/half walking.  I love when I see her coming around the corner to find me, walking like a big girl.  She still loves pushing her walker around the house and loves being chased by John.
  • says "Dada", "Mama", "nana" (banana), "Hi", and when something drops or falls says "Oooo".  She also tries to mimic a lot of what we say....but not close enough to understand.
  • still loves to eat, loves to look at books, loves to follow us around, loves to sing and do 'patty cake', loves to explore, loves to climb the stairs (she knows how to go down them now but I still don't trust her alone), loves to play with her toys, loves to watch baby Einstein, and loves to be outside and go on walks.
  • is getting naughty :)  she will know look at us to see if we're watching and then does whatever it is she knows she's not supposed to...examples - standing up in her high chair, climbing up and standing in her rocking chair, unfolding all the laundry I've just folded, etc.
  • shakes her head yes and no
  • loves to brush her teeth - she starts clapping and bouncing when I pull out her toothbrush
  • has just enough hair now that I can put a clip in it (since she no longer will wear a bow for more than 10 seconds)
  • still takes off her socks if I put them on her, but will keep her shoes on.
  • and gives the best, wet kisses with her mouth wide open :)

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh Beck I loved reading these about her. She is so fun. I can't wait for Charli to do all of that stuff. Those pictures are adorable of her. She is growing up to fast. I love that she is naughty and knows it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a funny little munchkin! What a fun personality she has and such a sweetheart. You and John make cute kids - can't wait to see what a little boy looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks SO much like you in that first picture, what a cutie! Love that she's a little rebel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the naughtiness has begun....we still haven't gotten out of that stage, and don't know if we ever will:) She is SO SO cute Becky. I love her hair. She's such a grown up girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at that woman's hair all pulled up!! I know that was a big day for Mom!! :) She is seriously so stinking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She has such a sweet face. This is such a fun age!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She still has the cutest little cheeks around. I just want to smooch them!

    Enjoy the time when they get excited about brushing their teet...this will probably change in your near future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is THE CUTEST! Those are such cute pictures. Can't believe she is 1 year already!

    ReplyDelete