Monday, August 15, 2011

time with Grandpa and Grandma Sorenson

We just got back from 2 weeks of vacation.
I have a lot to blog about.

But I didn't want to forget this post...

We were spoiled in July to have my parents come home from their mission for 3 weeks.  My dad had been sick for a few weeks and was admitted to the hospital in Moscow.  Doctors discovered blood clots in his lungs and also a growth on the outside of his liver.  He stayed in the hospital for several days until it was decided it was best to send them back to Utah for further testing.  My siblings (except for Pete), the Bowen kids, and I all went out to the airport to pick them up.  It was such an exciting feeling to see them coming down the escalator.  I hadn't seen my dad in over a year and I have MISSED him.

I was so excited for my dad to meet Brooklyn.  Even though we Skype with them every week and he gets to see her, it just isn't the same as in person.  My dad was so cute with the 3 new grand-daughters and loved holding and playing with them.

My parents stayed at some friends house and we took advantage of their swimming pool.  It was so much fun to go over each night after work and have dinner and then swim.  I was also able to spend time with just my mom, sister, and our 2 babies shopping and going out to lunch each Friday after I got off work...nothing gets better then that!  

Here are some pics of Brooklyn with my parents:











They flew back to Russia 2 weeks ago and it feels empty here without them.  We miss them so much, but are very thankful for the time we had with them and grateful that everything with my dad's health is fine.

4 comments:

  1. it was so fun to see them! i am glad they got to see their granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have seen them, just missed them. I am so happy they got to see the new babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun they were able to see 3 new granddaughters! Your parents look so good. I miss them! So good to see pictures of them. Can't wait to see all of your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those aer the cutest and sweetest pictures of your Dad on the floor with Brooklyn. Kind of shed a tear I must admit. It was so nice to have your Mom and Dad here. I loved seeing them both.

    ReplyDelete