Friday, July 29, 2011

Pioneer Day Weekend

We had a great, relaxing weekend.  I love long weekends and being able to spend more time together as a family.  Our week days are so busy with us both working and John going to school, so having two Mondays off in July has been so nice.  A quick recap of our weekend...

Friday - John and I played tennis (and Brooklyn watched).  It has been forever since we've played and we were both terrible, but it was so fun.  I might have come back in the end and beat John and he might not have been too happy about it :)  But he got over it when we treated ourselves to our favorite new treat = nutella/banana/almond crepes that are HUGE and so so delicious. 








Saturday - John had to work in the morning so Brooklyn and I got the usual done (cleaning, laundry, grocery store, etc).  We went to my brothers indoor soccer game and then had dinner and swimming at my parents house....well what I wish was my parents house.  (My parents have been home from their mission for the past 3 weeks - more on that later - and have been staying in a mansion with a swimming pool, which we have fully taken advantage of).

Here is my brother Rich with Brooklyn.  

 getting ready to dunk her - I told him too :)

 coming up out of the water - he he :)


Sunday - John spoke in church.  He did a fabulous job - his topic was on being a father.  We went up to Marc and Betty's for dinner and enjoyed the evening with them.

Monday - went swimming in the late morning with everyone again at my parents.  John, Brooklyn, and I stayed and took naps and worked on projects and then headed over to Jeannette's for a BBQ/fireworks.




Brooklyn with her Grandpa's

**Do you like our family pictures?  John's sister Shari took some of us when she was in town and I love them!!  She is an excellent photographer - you can see more here.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great pioneer day weekend. Love your new family pics, Shari is so talented and you guys are super good looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beck I LOVE that header photo. So dang cute. Looks like you have been so busy this summer. I love that you took her swimming. Brave little girl going under the water! Your parents look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Becky, I can't stand how cute your baby is. Those pictures turned out SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new pictures are adorable. Brooklyn is such a happy little soul!
    Pioneer weekend sounds really fun. I bet you'll miss that nice pool--dang--if only to live in a mansion.

    ReplyDelete