Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Worland 2011

Brooklyn and I were able to go to Worland for the 1st week of August.
Unfortunately John had to stay home because he had finals that week (but he did great, so that was good).

As always, it was a good GREAT time.
All my favorite people were in one house and I got to spend the whole week with them.

I worked Monday (thanks again Misty for watching B) and then we drove up that night when I got off.  We made really good time...I may or may have not been speeding a little bit...and Brooklyn was a gem in the car.  She watched her baby Einstein movie a few times and talked to herself in the backseat.

Here are pictures from the week...






















what we did and things to remember:

lots and lots of projects
daily  hourly Maverik runs
Taco John's for lunch
exercising in the morning w/ Jeannette, Ashlie, and Meg
rockets
boat races
Riley's purple pants :)
Just Dance Summer Party on the Wii
donuts from Blair's
thrift shopping for pig wrestling attire
fabric store shopping
PIG WRESTLING
games at night including psychiatrist and the drawing game - "I have a collection of orange coats" :)
kickball in the front yard
watching the girls perform the Ho Down Throw Down dance
catching up with my favorite cousins!!
4 baby girls to play with
lots and lots of fly's - darn those fly's!
the Spirit goes to bed after 11 o'clock :)

And last but not least, the pig wrestling videos!  We had 5 teams - the little kids, big kids, 2 men's teams, and the women's.  Each team had 1 minute to get their pig in the barrel butt first.  We were in a mud pit covered in this slippery stuff, sorry...I can't remember what it's called.  Everyone was slippin' and sliddin' and it made it hard to grab on to the pigs.

little kid's team
(Lindsey, Jack, Tom, and Kate)
*watch Lindsey pick up the pig twice

big kid's team
(Annie, Emily, Max, and Abby)

1st men's team
(Uncle Bruce, Ryan, Jon, and Rich)
*watch for Uncle Bruce's fall :)

2nd men's team
(Ryan, Jon, Rich, and Mike)
the was our only team that got the pig in the barrel, but it was barely after the time ended so it didn't count

women's team
(Ashlie, Meg, Me, and Riley)
*watch when the pig goes through my legs and I ride it backwards for just a bit

I'm sad this trip is over.  I had been anxiously been waiting for this trip all summer long and now have to start planning when we can go back.  It was an extra treat to have Ashlie and her family there, as well as Annie Cowden.  Thanks again Aunt Claud and Uncle B for yet another great time in Worland!!    

6 comments:

  1. Whoa Becky!! No wonder you look forward to this trip all summer long! It looks like it was a blast and I'm so glad B was such a good baby for it all. Thanks, esp., for posting the videos! Watching you gals and the pig was hillarious! Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLLLLLL I am still laughing at the pig going between your legs. That looks like an AWESOME trip and you guys had so much fun. Loved seeing all of the pictures and the adorable babies all together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Those videos are hilarious! Way to go Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That was truly awesome. That pig wrestling is over the top cool. Loved you taking a ride on the pig-yeeee haw! Looked like a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to go back and watch the videos, but...a few comments on pics. Brookylyn is your twin, Riley and Ashley look like sisters, Bruce and Claudia's house looks like it is from a magazine-I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I laughed the hardest at Bruce. Were there any members of PETA there? I feel bad for the pigs, lol.

    ReplyDelete