Monday, March 28, 2011

One Year Anniversary

We celebrated our anniversary last weekend (March 20th).
I cannot believe we've already been married for a year - it has flown by.  I still remember everything about that day.  It was the best day of my life.  I cannot imagine my life without John.  He is the best thing that ever happened to me and I am so lucky to have married my best friend.

We started our weekend by driving to Bridaveil Falls in Orem.  This is where John and I had our first kiss and we thought it would be fun to visit.  We took Brooklyn with us and luckily I had her snowsuit in the trunk because it was cold.  I carried her in the Bjorn (I love this thing!) and she slept the whole time.



We stopped at the Fry's house to wish Heather a happy birthday before we headed home.  Mike came over to watch Brooklyn while we went to dinner at Tucci's.  It was dee-lish!!  It was my first time there (John's in awhile) and definitely not our last!  We treated ourselves - drinks, appetizer, dessert, on top of our meal.  We were stuffed and had plenty leftover to take home.  It was so fun to be together and extra special to be just the two of us.  We reminisced about our first year of marriage and how much fun it has been.  

the babysitter



We came home and put this little girl to bed...
 and then pulled out our wedding cake from the freezer.  Now despite this being the ugliest wedding cake you'll ever see, and NOT the one I ordered, it was still pretty tasty for being a year old.  I will always laugh at my wedding cake.  It looked nothing like what I wanted - but that really was the only thing that went wrong that day..so I can't complain. 
John :)

We finished the night watching our wedding video.  I absolutely LOVE my wedding video.  It is my very favorite thing from my whole wedding.  My videographer, also my photographer, did an amazing job.  I cannot count how many time I have watched it this past year.  Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet, you should.
Here's to another year!

9 comments:

  1. oh man, i'm such a slacker. i STILL have pics from your wedding to send you.

    happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how fast its gone beck! I am glad you were able to enjoy your 1 year anniversary. It looks like you made some great memories. Those are the best times to make memories! I am glad you found John... he is a keeper. Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I hated my cake too! I feel like it was the only thing I didn't love about my wedding. But it was pretty good after the first year. And getting a wedding video is the best decision you can make!! I want to see yours next time we're in town. Happy Anniversary you two crazy cats. P.S. I bet Mike is the best babysitter in town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! What a great and beautiful day that was. I've never seen you so happy. I don't think I even got a taste of the cake - oh well. We laugh about that now. You can sure tell that cute babysitter loves your little girl! Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That year has really gone by fast and it seems like John has been a part of the family forever. He's sure a wonderful guy and you're such a great wife & mother! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!!! Sounds like it was a fun day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might have to hire that babysitter. I think he could get the 5 Welshes in line! Happy Anniversary to you love birds. The cake actually looked quite delicious. Hope you saved me a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay one year! so great! We love you guys. I can't get over how big Brooklyn is getting and how much she really does look like Royce! Your looking great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a really fun time. Nice you could leave the baby with such a nice babysitter. Congrats on a year. They start flying by even faster every year.

    ReplyDelete