Friday, May 29, 2015

Remmy's 1st birthday party - circus/carnival theme

I had so much fun planning Remmy and Jake's birthday parties.  I did them both far enough out in advance that it wasn't stressful, just really enjoyable for me.  I love a good party.

I decided to do a circus/carnival theme for Remmy with the colors red, blue, and yellow.   I had originally planned to do it outside at a park, but it was supposed to rain that day (which it did, downpour in fact), so I moved it to the cultural hall at our church.  This ended up working out so much better.  I didn't have to worry about the weather, everything was confined to one area which I think made it look cuter, and guests had a place to sit down and eat their food instead of on picnic blankets.


My friend Alison stayed at my house while Remmy and Jake napped and I took Brooklyn with me to set everything up.  I'm patting myself on the back, but I set everything up by myself.  It took 2 1/2 hours, but I was proud! :)  I think it looked really cute and everything turned out how I wanted.

party favor table - circus boxes filled with suckers, a clown nose, jump rope, blow up ball, and circus animal crackers.


This table was the biggest hit.  Alison made balloon animals for the kids and Liz did face painting.  I have very nice and talented friends. 

All the other tables had games that kids could earn tickets and then turn those in for prizes.  It was a fun, family night and I think everyone had a great time.  I loved sitting back and watch. 








My very talented friend Morgan did the smash cash and cupcakes.  Everything looked SO cute and just the way I wanted.  They are the best cupcakes I've ever eaten.  (The whole reason I did their parties two weeks early was because Morgan out of town the weekend of their real birthdays - and I wanted that cake and those cupcakes.  They are that good).


this picture made all the work I put in to the party worth it - she LOVED it! 

3 comments:

  1. Such a darling party!!! I have been wanting to do a party with this theme for years and have it in mind for Paisley or McKinley in the future. I am going to have to consult your party! Every detail was thought of and it looked adorable!! I love the picture of Remmy at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly the best party I have seen!! So wish we would have made it (stupid softball that got rained out anyway). Everything looks really, really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another adorable party Beck! So cute and detailed again. You are a pro!

    ReplyDelete