Sunday, October 19, 2014

September randoms

I can't believe how fast this time of year always goes.  It is finally starting to cool off consistently here in Arizona and we are loving it.  The hot months consist of swimming, splash pads, the library, mall play area, and anything else inside if it isn't swimming.  The cool months of Arizona consist of walks, playing at the park, hikes, and anything and everything else outside. 

Brooklyn asks me often to hold Remmy and to take a picture.


I was ignoring Remmy while I worked one afternoon and checked on her and found her like this...sweet girl.

Brooklyn started preschool the 2nd of September.  It is 3 days a week, Tuesday-Thursday from 9-11:30.  She goes with her friend Reese and loves it.  Her teacher's name is Miss Katelyn.  The night before she started John gave her a blessing.  I loved this tradition growing up and excited to start this with my own little family.  

Jake wasn't about to be left out :)

I love her chub!  She is so happy and oh so chubby.  Look at those little boobs!  Ha ha..I can't resist squeezing her most of the day.

I took Brooklyn's picture the first day of preschool and once again Jake wasn't about to be left out.  He was just as excited as she was and was really sad when he realized he didn't get to go too.  Next year buddy.

I let Brooklyn pick out a backpack for school.  It was the first time I was trying to get her to pick the one I wanted for her but she wouldn't budge :)  She picked a Sophia the First one that lights up.

So excited to start preschool!  I was just as excited to have 2 1/2 hours with just 2 kids.  It is amazing how much easier one less kid feels.

Reese and Brooklyn

 Poor Jake.  He was so sad when we drove away from dropping off Brooklyn.  He kept calling for her...I think he half missed her and half missed that he couldn't go too.

Jensen and Jake

Some days I can't believe they are mine.  I love Jake's cheeser smile lately.



watching me work 

So happy.  I love her dimples up by her eyes on the side of her face.

I can't resist buying matching holiday pajamas!  I gave them to them in September so they could get lots of use out of them.  They remind me of matching pj's my brother Mike and I had growing up.  They even glow in the dark.

This picture still makes me cringe.  During monsoon season we suddenly started having bugs in our house - crickets and a couple cock roaches.  I can deal with spiders and crickets but do NOT do cock roaches.  The first one I saw was alive and in John and I's bathroom.  I quickly called for John and told him to bring a shoe.  Those darn things are fast!  One morning I had dropped Brooklyn off at preschool and stopped at the grocery store on the way home.  I went to put Jake in his car seat and found this cock roach on my diaper bag.  I'm guessing it came from my house and just stayed on when I picked up my diaper bag and put it in the car.  I carefully picked up the bag and put it on the ground outside, took my flip flop off, and beat the living daylights out of that thing!  I think the people watching thought I was crazy because the cock roach was in 100 pieces when I was finished with it.  That was the breaking point and I called the bug guys to come spray.

chubby!

One of my friends gave me a gift card for a pedicure for my birthday.  I asked a few friends to go with me...it was a fun girls night.   I wish I could afford a pedicure every other week!



 Alison, Mandy, Kandas, me, Janet, and Sarah


"Mom, someone pooped in my oatmeal!" - said Brooklyn.

 
The morning after we got sprayed I found a bunch of bugs, both crickets and cock roaches, on our back patio.  They were all dead thankfully and it was reassuring to see so many that will not be getting in our house!  

John turned 31 on the 27th.  I got a sitter and went to Bobby Q's for dinner.  We had never been there and heard lots of good things about it - and it didn't disappoint!  It was a TON of food and we were stuffed after.  So so good!


They even gave us free dessert.

I love that I had these 2 so close together.  They play so much together.  They know how to make a good mess, but I don't mind one bit because they can play and play and play.  I definitely have to break up fights every so often, but for the most part they get along.  I love hearing the things they come up with to do.  Like the picture above, they love going on picnics and trips lately.

John opening his presents and blowing out his candles.



fell asleep in her undies on the couch

found these two sleeping like this

playing in my shoes together - I love Jake in my red high heels.  You can see in the background too that they lined up every pair of shoes I own.

2 comments:

  1. Laughing out loud at the red heels. Glad V isn't the only one to do that. I love all the pictures, I can't handle Rem's chub, so cute. I'm with you, cockroaches, no. I'll take a scorpion over a cockroach, ECK!! I'll have to tell you about roaches in my old apartment. Shivering thinking about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not deal with those bugs. SICK. Love the updates and all of the cute things your kids are up to. I love that B and R are the same age as Charli and Avery. They do a lot of the same things like wanting to hold sis and take pics. So fun.

    ReplyDelete