Sunday, March 10, 2013

the week in Utah before Russia

We're back!  (Well we've actually been back a week, but been dealing with jet lag, a sick mom, and two sick kids).  I have a lot of blogging to catch up on....and hope to do it soon.

We had a great trip to Russia to see my parents.  But before I post about that, here are pictures from the kids and I's week in Utah...

I rented a car and drove the kids and I to St. George on Friday.  Mike picked us up from the airport where we returned the car and then we went to the house/condo that the Bowen's rented for the weekend.  We hung out there for awhile, dropped Jake off to Grandpa Marc and Grandma Betty, and went to Olive Garden for dinner.  Saturday we went to Jack's soccer game (the reason for Jeannette and Mike coming to St. George), did some shopping, went to a fun indoor pool at the local rec center, and met Grandpa Marc and Grandma Betty at Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  Sunday we drove with Mike the rest of the way to Salt Lake.

A few pictures from the condo:

 the only 2 Sorenson grandsons (#3 coming soon!)



 swimming at the rec center:

Jake loved these swings.  He weighs so much that when he sat down the chair almost touched the bottom of the pool :)  


he made a little lady friend

Hailey wasn't much of a fan


Jon B. was so nice and watched over Brooklyn.  Even though she had a life jacket on, I don't trust her alone in the water....still very clueless.


Sadly, that is all the pictures I took of the whole week!  I didn't realize I took so few until I was downloading them on my computer.  Other things we did that week: hair appointment for me, eye appointment for me, dentist appointment for me, still worked a couple hours each day, pizza one night at the Bowen's with everyone, quilt store shopping with Jeannette, and just the usual fun stuff.  Friday morning Jon B. took Jake and I to the airport and kept Brooklyn for the afternoon before she was dropped off to Sonya and eventually Heather....who watched her for us while we were on our trip.    

3 comments:

  1. Wow Beck you got to do a lot of fun things in 1 week. Looks/sounds really fun. All of the kids look so old! So excited to hear about your trip to Russia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of that little girl with Jake and his cute face! I love it. That waterpark is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice you got to have some time for the cousins to hang out--so fun. The waterpark looks really fun and Jake's chubbiness in extremely adorable.

    ReplyDelete