Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Grandma Sorenson's 100th

My cousin's husband Jason recently made the comment about my family..."They use any excuse to get together...it's great!"  And he is exactly right.  We love doing things together, even if it is just for dinner on Sunday.  My Grandma Sorenson's 100th birthday was on March 1st, and although she isn't living anymore (nor has she been for awhile), we decided to throw her a birthday party.  We were orginally going to do it this summer as more of a family reunion, but since my parents are leaving on a mission they would have missed it.  So instead we decided that each state that had family members living in it would have a dinner all around the same time.  That meant dinners in Utah, Wyoming, and Massachusetts.  We were all on the phone together when we sang Grandma "Happy Birthday".  Aunt Claudia also made gift bags for everyone, which included a $2 bill, pencils with Grandma's name on them, a calender of her, and candy.  It was a fun night together with family. 


I had to laugh at John's comment when I told him what we were doing.  With a confused look on his face he said, "Does your family always get together to celebrate dead people's birthdays?"  

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha. John sounds like me. I said the same thing to Tom when they celebrated their grandmas birthday. My family doesn't do that stuff either. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love celebrating the dead people's birthdays. It's so dang fun!
    Sound like you had a great time and that chocolate cake is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny and cool that you guys did that... i think my family should do that too!!!

    ReplyDelete