Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Christmas Eve

We had a great Christmas Eve.  We had some friends over for an early dinner (Quirls and Jeppesens) around 4 so families could still do their own thing that night.  We ate yummy food and visited and the kids played.

Everyone left around 6:30.  We let the kids open new matching (of course) pajamas from us.  Then we read and acted out the nativity.




Brooklyn and Jake loved getting cookies and milk out for Santa.  I bought that new Santa plate just a few days before which I thought was so cute (Remmy broke it the next morning..sounds about right).


Once the kids were in bed and fast asleep, John and I got to work!  I had already done a majority of it - wrapping, stockings were put together.  We just had to get everything out and set up Jake's train table.  It was fairly easy to put together.  The hardest part was setting up the actual track.  But we finished before 10 p.m. and watched a Christmas movie together.

I loved walking in to this scene - so magical!

1 comment:

  1. It is so magical! I didn't realize how fun it is to be a parent on Christmas Eve and to see everything come together. Looks perfect! Cute pjs.

    ReplyDelete