Thursday, November 24, 2011

what we are most thankful for this Thanksgiving


Yup, that's right.  BABY #2!!  

Is it crazy?!!..........YES.
Was it planned?!!...........YES.
Are we excited?!!.............YESSSS.
Are you shocked?!!.........PROBABLY :)

Even though we have known now for almost 2 months, it is still crazy/shocking/exciting.  We know it is fast - Brooklyn and this baby will only be 17 months apart - but we couldn't be more happy and thrilled about it.  

For those that are a little more interested and want a few more details......
I stopped breastfeeding Brooklyn the beginning of September.  It was just getting too hard to be pumping at work and in the mornings (while training for the 1/2 marathon I did in October).  I stopped cold turkey one day, after a frustrating day at work.  Soon after that John and I thought we'd see what happened for a month because we either wanted to have another baby right before we move or wait awhile until after we move.  I kept wanting to take a pregnancy test because I wanted to know for sure...but I made myself wait awhile.  Finally the beginning of October I just felt I really needed to take one and yup, it was positive! :)

That night I put the test under John's pillow and waited for him to come to bed.  He pulled back the pillow and picked it up and started freaking out a little...saying..."what is this?"....."how do you read this thing?".....what does this mean?"......"how can that be?".  I was most shocked about how shocked John was....I didn't think it would be that big of a surprise to him.  Anyway, it took a few days for it to sink in for him, but once the initial shock set in, he was so happy and excited about having another baby.  

I had my first doctors appointment on Nov. 15th.  I was really excited about it, one because I wanted to make sure everything was ok and there was actually a baby in there, and two because they did an ultrasound to see how far along I am (because we didn't have a clue).  I am now 11 weeks along..which means I am due:

JUNE 8, 2012

We can't wait to find out what this little peanut is the end of January :)

20 comments:

  1. YAY, I am really excited for you! Do you have any intuition on what your having. Hope you have been feeling well. Congrats to you and John. Your a wonderful MOTHER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! That's so great. I love that cute picture, we r so happy for u guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a super cute picture! I'm so shocked and excited for you! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. honestly, i am jealous that someone else got to use that idea for announcing a baby and NOT ME! LOL I have it pinned on pinterest and loved it! sooooooo cute. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. and can't wait to meet your new little one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoooooolllllllyyyyy CccccrrraaaaPPPPPPPP!! We are freaking out!!!! We are sooo freaking excited!! Seriously, this post isn't telling you how excited we are!!! I have chills!!! They're multiplying!! (says Ryan) Seriously though, I can't even believe it!! YAAAAYYYYYY!!! -Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I love that picture!!! I'm freaking out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay that's so exciting. Congratulations! How have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congrats!!! So happy and excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Congrats girl!!! LOVE the picture. You'll have your hands full, but so fun for them to be close in age. Good luck with everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that picture!!! So excited and surprised!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Another baby on the way... And a truly BEST FRIEND for Brooklyn! Lots of looove to the 4 of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Becky that is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! You make cute Babies! I am so Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the picture and I am excited for another Mortnesen baby. June is the best month :) I commented when I was in PHX but it didn't show up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! Not crazy! My sister and I are 12 Months and 1 week apart :] You'll love having kiddos close together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. eeekkkkk!!! I am so SO excited and happy for you guys!!! Can't wait to see you and your little belly this week although I'm sure its non-existent at this point :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! Another cute kiddo on the way. :)

    ReplyDelete