Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Provo Halloween 1/2 Marathon

* I added some pictures that professionals took of me at the race *

This past Saturday was the Provo Halloween 1/2 Marathon.
Rich, Mike, and I did it (and our friend Ryan too).

We woke up at 4:30 Saturday morning to get down to Provo.  They bused us up to Aspen Grove, where the starting line was.  The race didn't start until 9am, so we had 2 1/2 hours to wait.  Luckily they had a nice big heated tent that we waited in because it was freezing!  

The race was fun, in a semi-miserable way.  It was fun to do with my brothers and even more fun to talk about now that it's over.  It was a hard race - the first 5 miles were downhill, STEEP downhill and I think we all ran that part too fast.  I felt like I was running so slow from mile 6-13.  Thank goodness for my iPod and shot blocks that kept me going.  My time was 1 hour 42 minutes, which I was very happy with.  

John brought Brooklyn down and I saw them at mile 12 and then again at the finish line.  John was able to take a couple pictures of Rich, but the camera died right as I was running by him.  Here are a couple pictures of Rich....and Brooklyn in her stroller.





Luckily my friend Mandy was at the finish line and able to get a couple of me racing to the end...I look very, very tired!


These ones are from the professionals at the race...






 This girl and I were racing it out in the end....I think I got her by a step or two :)


These last few days I have been so sore.  I don't think I've been this sore since I ran the 24th of July marathon, which was also a lot of downhill.  I forgot how painful downhill races can be.

After the race on Saturday John and I headed up to Park City with Rich and Misty, Mike, and Pete (and Brooklyn and Sophia too) to Misty's uncles condo.  It was a perfect way to spend the rest of the weekend - relaxing, going out to eat, talking, laughing, telling scary stories, watching our homemade Halloween movies, and playing games.  

9 comments:

  1. DANG girl! That time is awesome!!!! Have you ran a full marathon yet?? so proud of you babe! Way to hang in there and hope you're body is recovering ok, that has got to be brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooklyn smiles, even in the freezing cold. That is a GREAT time Becky. Downhill races are SO much harder than uphill to me!! 24th tore me up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend! It looks SO cold! Good job Beck... that is so awesome you can run a 1/2 marathon 9 months after having a baby. I could never do that. Those pics make me cold just looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Beck. I'm glad you got to go and do the race with your brothers. It's always a lot more fun to do it with people you know. Probably so happy to have it over with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new profesh pictures, I love racing people at the end, it makes me really mad, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW BECKY!!! That's impressive. You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a tough mama! That is very impressive. And I'm glad you beat that girl at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have to admit, i am so jealous of you and your fitness! but seriously i admire you so much! you make me want to get back to what i used to be... keep it up!!!!!!!! you rock

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, Becky! You go girl! You are so Awesome!

    ReplyDelete