Wednesday, April 13, 2011

random post that is all about Brooklyn

There are a lot of things I want to blog about, but don't have the time or energy to make them individual ones.  So here's a long, random/catch up post:

Brooklyn had her 2 month checkup (although she was really 2 1/2 months because her doctor was out of town until then):

weight: 13.2 lbs (80%)
height: 23 1/2 inches (50%)
She is chunkin' right up and I'm lovin' it!

poor girl had to get her first shots...it was the saddest, yet funniest thing. she was smiling/cooing at the nurse who was about to poke her and then made the biggest frown face at her and burst into tears.

 but she got to take a nap with Mom when we got home

 all ready for church :)  I love how much she is smiling now


 She has found her thumb/hands and is sucking on them more and more.  I'm not sure if I should be worried about this.  I think the thumb sucking is adorable, but she also LOVES her binkie and I don't want her to be attached to both. 
I have taken her out a few times in the jogger (which is a lot harder to run with than I expected) and she loves it.  She just lays there and looks around until she eventually falls asleep. 

 Liberty Park run w/Mom and Dad

  fits in her bumbo and loves it

 figured out how to tip herself over in the boppy


absolutely LOVES bath time 

 This picture cracks me up because this is what she does every single time.  I turn her over to wash her back and she walks her way up until she's standing and then starts marching.  You can see her little foot doing this in the picture.  I'll have to get it on video soon.   

I worked on Saturday a couple weeks ago and took her with me.  She was a gem and just layed on my desk and snoozed while I got my work done.

  I love this girl.  

12 comments:

  1. Love this whole post!! Its so fun to see what you are doing and how things are going. She is getting so big and cute..... Love it!!!! That bumbo pic is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOO many adorable pics Becky!!! She is getting so big and is SO cute. I love the one of her on the Boppy...made me laugh. ENJOY, it just gets better and better:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is SO sweet. :) I love the little stories that go along with the pictures. You are such a cute mama!

    And random question... Do they have bumbos for adults? If so, I kinda want one. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute! I love the updates, keep em coming. By the way James is coming out there next week for Sonya's graduation, I am so jealous that he gets to meet Brooklyn and not me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this girl! She cracks me up because she is so cute. I love her sucking her thumb picture! She's always got the cutest little face! I miss her and can't wait to watch her again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beck I was seriously laughing all the way thru reading your post- so fun!! First, I love LOVE her gray dress for church :) AND that she is smiling now! Isn't that the best? That pic of her smiling in the bath is too awesome.

    Second, the pic of her sucking her thumb is SO precious. Addie would randomly find her thumb around that age and suck it too, but her binki's always were #1 and still are...not ready to deal with cutting out the binki's quite yet- they can be life saver as you'll learn!

    She is adorable Beck! We SERIOUSLY need to get together asap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky!! I love her sleeping on your desk! :) And I LOVE the picture of her in the bath. Her eyes are so big!

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable. i love catch-up posts! YES YES YES please make a video of the bath-marching! I can totally picture it! SOOO cute and I love baby buns!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is soooo cute!! Loved every one of these pictures!! I love love love thumb suckers and binkis. Cute pic of her and Petesy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute post Beck. Loved reading it. Finally got my first thumb sucker with Tate and think it is the best. She is just a doll! Always dressed so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Emily, thumb suckers are the best....I have my fourth thumb sucker and they make great babies (not so cool in kindergarten though!)

    ReplyDelete