Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm losin' it

I really am.

This last week I've embarressed myself quite a bit.  I don't know what's wrong with me - usually I think a little more before I speak or think things through a little better.  Here's a few examples:

#1 - On Sunday at church a woman in the primary came up to me and started asking me how it was being a new mom, etc. and asked if John and I missed being in primary.  My response was, "Yes...especially because now I have to suffer through sunday school." (now this is mostly a joke...but honestly it isn't my favorite part about church)  Well I didn't realize that her husband, who happened to be standing right next to her, is one of the sunday school teachers until he smiles and says, "I'm glad you're enjoying my lessons so much."  .......................Oops.  I tried to make up for it and say something like well obviously I've never been to your class because I didn't know you were even a teacher, but they were walking away at this point.

#2 - I ran into an old high school friend the other day at the Gateway.  We sort of did a double take at each other when she said, "Hi Becky!"  And my response was, "Hi ............. (smile)."  I could NOT remember her name.  I played it off pretty well and immediately started asking her questions about her life and such.  The whole conversation I was trying so hard to remember her name and drew a complete blank.  We started saying the "oh it was good to see you" .... when she flat out asked me, "You don't remember my name do you?" ...................... (this was a girl that I ran cross country with for 4 years).  I turned bright red and said, "No, I'm so sorry I don't."  I could immediately tell she was offended and she said, "Well, it's Kara."  She turned and walked away.  Oops.

#3 - (the least embarressing of them all)  I went to dinner last night with some friends from college.  Two of them are pregnant, due in May, with what I thought were both girls.  I took a gift for each of them.  Luckily neither of them opened their gift right then and I sat down and we started chatting.  I asked one of them if they had a name picked out and she told us.  My response was, "Wait....you're having a boy??"  She nodded and I said, "Umm...I'm going to need my gift back."  We all started laughing and making a joke about it.  I do not know why I thought she was having a girl - well probably because almost everyone I know is having a girl - but still.  We laughed even harder when she opened the gift and pulled out headbands and flowers for her little boy.  Oops.

Oh well - what'd ya do?   

9 comments:

  1. Oh Becky!!! I guess stuff like this just happens.

    Hope all is well with you!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Welcome to the mommy club! For some reason when Im nursing my brain doesn't work properly. I asks James ridiculous questions all the time, like... How do you spell hi? and where was Jesus crucified? (Actual events) He gets a kick out of it. I swear the baby is sucking out my brain cells.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the not knowing the name one is the worst, especially bc she called you out, lol. Poor Beck. It could be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still laughing at all of these stories Beck. I think that is pretty nerve-y of that girl from high school calling you out! I think this stuff happens to other people so don't feel bad he he.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! Look what doing kids does to your brain?! No bueno. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice to know i'm not the only one who has moments like this! :) you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for embarrassing moments! Brooklyn is so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've had quite the run haven't you? I know how it goes. My motto is: Just smile and wave boys. Just smile and wave.

    ReplyDelete