Monday, October 11, 2010

Hall of Fame Induction/Weekend Activities

We had a busy weekend!  To start it off, my cousin Meg had her baby girl on the 7th.  They named her Lucy and she is the sweetest little thing.  It was fun visiting them in the hospital and made me so excited to have our little girl.

Next, West High held an assembly for hall of fame inductees which I was invited to attend.  John was of course there, along with my sister Jeannette and her youngest girls.  I went to center court while they annouced a few things and gave me a plaque.   
 
(This lady was also inducted and is 104 years old!!)

They also honored us at halftime of the homecoming football game on Friday night. 
 They had skydivers bring the American Flag to the field before the game started.

 Marc and Betty
 Misty and Rich
 Lindsey

 Jack
 I went on the field at halftime along with the other inductees while they read a short bio about each person. 

Saturday was spent running errands, laundry, cleaning, etc...and making my witches hat for the Witches Party.  Jeannette has a tradition around Halloween to host a Witches party.  Everyone comes to the party with a witches hat decorated anyway they want.  This year I wanted to try something new and came up with this....

We ate dinner, which included soup in cauldrons (bread bowls) and then everyone voted on the witches hats. 

Jeannette also made a witches quilt this year to give away.  The lucky winner was....

PAT OLSEN!!!!
I was SOOOOOOO glad she won.

Thanks so much Jeannette for a fun party!!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR HAT!! Wow... did it take forever to make? I am SO glad Pat won the blanket. It is an awesome blanket too! Looks like you were busy over the weekend. Good job on Hall of Fame! I want to see Meg's baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hat was truly amazing, good enough to eat!!
    Congratulation on the Hall of Fame--you are the big deal Beck--so proud of you!
    Jeanette's party was so much fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "First of all" congratulations on your Hall of Fame, that is cool you got props multiple times. BECKY. That HAT. You're kidding me-you are a mini Martha Stewart. I love the name 'Lucy' too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will beat Ms. Proesch (sp?). Ooohh, she is annoying. Good job on that. The witches party was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete