Thursday, September 30, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

We started John's birthday celebrations last Saturday by going to the circus.  Jeannette and Jon were SO NICE to buy everyone's tickets...16 of us total!  (thank you, thank you!!)  "Toby Tyler", a movie about a boy who runs away to the circus, was one of my favorite movies when I was little and I have always wanted to go to the circus since.   


It was a great show! 

Sunday I had John's birthday dinner for our family and friends (24 people total!).  John chose breakfast for dinner, which included french toast, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, and fruit.  It was delicious and a LOT of work to have breakfast hot and ready for everyone at the same time. 



And finally on Monday, John's actual birthday, we went to Market Street Grill for dinner, just the two of us.  It was sooo good and we both ate way too much. 




I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I would have liked of the weekend, but glad I remembered to at least take a few.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to John. Nicest man on the planet. He always is so cute with Addie in Primary and I feel really happy to leave her with the two best teachers ever. Sounds like you really did it up right for the big day! Love the breakfast for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun birthday celebration! The breakfast for dinner was so delicious! You did a good job planning that. Thanks for inviting us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing birthday!!!! I have always wanted to go to a circus. Lucky!! The dinners all sound amazing. Good planning Becky! Happy Birthday Johnny boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beck- is that the cake I think it is??? YUMMMMMMm my favorite BTS cake and I made that for Tom's bday--- he he- the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kels - yes, it is BTS cake...John's request. It is also my fav...so good! he he

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday. Sounds like you guys had lots of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. memories! market street was right up the street from where i lived when i went to the U...well, my first apartment there. :)

    glad you guys had fun...and hope you enjoyed the circus!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you did a lot of fun things! The circus is always fun!!! Happy Birthday John!
    I was thinking about you today and wondering how you're feeling. How far along are you now?

    ReplyDelete