Friday, August 13, 2010

We're having a baby and it's a GIRL!!

We had our official ultrasound this morning and the tech confirmed that it's a GIRL!!  (My brother-in-law Jon did an ultrasound on me last week and was pretty sure it was a girl)  I thought FOR SURE it was a boy, as did most of my family.  John thought it was a girl because that's what he was hoping for.  As soon as we found out it was a girl I was so excited...and it has been so fun shopping for pink and bows.  It was so neat to hear her heartbeat, see her profile, fingers and toes, and watch her move around inside me.  Everything looks great - the tech said she is measuring a little small though and thinks my due date might be off.  I am almost 20 weeks and due January 6th.  I cannot believe that I am already halfway!  The time has gone by so fast. 

I found out I was pregnant the beginning of May.  This pregnancy was not "planned" and so I wasn't expecting to be pregnant.  But I started feeling different and just felt like I should take a pregnancy test.  I took one and it looked positive, but I wasn't for sure.  It was one of those tests that had either the plus or minus.  The plus wasn't very distinct though so I didn't say anything to John that morning.  I bought a more expensive test and tried again the next morning...and yup, I was pregnant!  I wanted to tell John in a fun way because I knew he would be shocked and surprised.  I put cinnamon rolls in the oven that morning and waited for John to wake up.  He came out and said, "What are you cooking in the oven?"  I told him to look and just smiled.  He was a bit confused at first until I said, "We have our own bun in the oven!" 



He still didn't believe me at first until I showed him the pregnancy test.  He just kept saying, "No way!....how can that be?"  :)


We are both so excited and cannot wait to have our little girl!!

10 comments:

  1. HA HA I love the bun in the oven. How funny. Congrats and I know you are going to be a great mom!! So exciting! I thought it was going to be a boy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy Becky, just crazy, but great. You were the cutest baby in the world, so I bet she will be sooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! Love how you told John. I cannot wait to meet this little baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SOOO excited for you! Maybe she can marry Hansen!!! Congrats girly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congrats! I love how you told John the news. Cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to meet this sweet little niece of mine! You and John will be the best parents and she'll just love it here on earth! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO exciting. Congrats. Camille is right about you being the cutest baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you! I totally thought it would be a boy... but I'm happy it's a girl! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to you. So adorable. Becky was an adorable little baby girl and I can't wait to see this little one. She'll be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete