Thursday, August 12, 2010

Update

I have been terrible at updating my blog.  There are so many things I want to blog about, but either don't make enough time to do it or find something else to do instead.
So.....I am going to do one big update and try harder to be better about posting more often.  I would like to use this as a type of journal for John, since I don't write in one regularly.  Plus it is fun to look back on the things we have done.

This is April-July....here it goes:

These were the last of our wedding presents - it was fun to come home from our honeymoon and open them.  (And even better to get all the thank you notes written and sent!)

Easter baskets and John sleeping in :)

My 24th Birthday
I decided I wanted a cereal bar for dinner....meaning all we ate was different kinds of cereal...my favorite.

Rich and Misty's Wedding

Mother's Day

Worland Trip
lots and lots of sewing projects
lunch in Cody at our favorite Mexican restaurant
John and I with Hannah and our homemade boats (We race them down the canal and John's boat won!)

My parent's farewell
The whole gang
This is their mission picture.  They have now been in Moscow for over a month.  In some ways the time is going by so fast and in other ways if feels like they have been gone forever! 

The 4th of July

Another Worland Trip
John stayed home because of work and school and I went up with my sister and her kids to visit our cousins from Boston.

Bee's Games

This isn't the best picture but I got this big bruise on my knee from playing softball.  John and I played with other family members on a co-ed softball team this summer.  We were TERRIBLE (because we were in the wrong league) and didn't win a single game.  I had to pitch one game because my cousin was out of town and got nailed right in the knee.  It hurt, but luckily it was only my knee...and not my face!

Trip to San Clemente for Cameron and Amanda's wedding
John at surfin' donuts - THE best donut shop
We had a hard time finding a parking spot at the San Diego temple for the sealing...so John backed in and out of this spot about 30x and made us fit.
Unfortunately the San Diego temple was under construction so most of it was covered, but the inside was beautiful.
Ben and John

Other things we've been up to this summer:

  • We were called as primary teachers.  We love having a calling together and being able to teach the 4/5 year olds. 
  • We moved!  We were only in our apartment for 3 months and then moved into my parents house once they left on their mission.  It has been quite the process moving all our stuff in and moving my parents stuff out.  But we are finally almost done - just a few more boxes to put away!
  • John finished the summer semester...it was a long one!  I think school is hard anyway but in the summer it seems twice as hard.  Plus John had morning classes at 6:20 and 8:00....AM!!  We are BOTH glad it's over.
More exciting news coming soon!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you posted a new post! We need to all get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY you update!!!
    you better update more!

    love all of your pictures.
    would love to see you soon!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY an update. Wahoooo!!! Loved this post and all the pictures. You two have had a wonderful summer! Can't wait for the next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Becky! We sure love you and John! You're always so fun to be with and I love that we live so close! I don't know what I would do without you with mom and dad gone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! I'm glad you finally posted! That bruise looks soooooo bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update slacker! ;) Looks like you guys are happy and well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fun to catch up with you guys! loved all the pics...and sounds like you had a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your parents are in Moscow! That is awesome. That sounds like an excuse to travel. :)

    ReplyDelete