Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The week of Disney plays

We were very fortunate last week to see TWO disney plays.
1st play:
Broadway's Award-Winning best musical = THE LION KING

It was awesome!  John and I both loved it and thought it was VERY well done.  My favorite part was the opening scene when they did "The Circle of Life" and all the animals were on stage.  The costumes were amazing...I was in shock at how real some of them looked, especially the giraffes and elephant.  Jeannette gave me tickets back in April for my birthday and we were able to go with her and Jon and some of their friends.  We first went to PF Changs for dinner, which they treated us to as well, and then walked over to the theater.  It was a fun night and we felt VERY spoiled.  Thank you Jon and Jeannette!!


2nd play:
TARZAN at Tuacahn

Friday afternoon we headed to St. George to see "Tarzan" with my family.  We arrived around 6 o'clock and grabbed some dinner at The Pizza Factory.  Before the play started, John wanted to drive me through Snow Canyon and show me the places he used to go when he was living in St. George.  It was such a pretty drive and fun to see the places John used to go.


Tarzan was not my most favorite, but still fun to watch a play outside and be with family.  I thought it was a bit long and was didn't like the constant grunting (even though I know they were trying to act like gorillas).  John didn't think the costumes were very well done...why was Kala a purple gorilla?? 


Saturday morning we slept in and ate at Denny's for breakfast.  We stopped by the Old Navy outlet before heading back home.  It was a quick, fun trip!  Next years plays are "Grease" and "Wizard of Oz".....can't wait!!

6 comments:

  1. So fun!!! I've been wanting to see Lion King. Sounds like such a fun date! You look so cute...I need to see a belly pic:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun. I am not a HUGE fan of plays but the Lion King sounds amazing. I love the movie Grease so I might just have to go next year!! Cute pics beck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also am not a big fan of plays, but when you go to them they always end up being pretty good. You little cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so much fun. I wish I could've seen Lion King. I left for Kansas the day it opened in Utah...bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took my kids to the Lion King in New York and I got the chills and starting crying--I was SO overwhelmed with how amazing it was!
    Tarzan bugged and Kala needed a more supportive bra. That's all I'm going to say for now about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lion King sounds amazing. Looks like you had a great time. Love Jenny's comment and would agree with that. I love the atmosphere of Tuacahn, but it might have been the worst year for the plays. Next year, you will have a baby to keep entertained throughout the play. Won't that be fun? It was a joy this year for us.

    ReplyDelete