Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mother's Day

I was thinking back to last year at this time - it was when I thought there was a possibility I could be pregnant, but had yet to take a pregnancy test.  I had no idea at that time how much my life would change over the next year.

I love being a mom.
It is the hardest job I have ever loved.


Brooklyn and I with our breakfast in bed (excuse my bed head and "morning look").


nap time before church

John (and Brooklyn) surprised me with this Willow Tree figurine...I absolutely love it.    

Brooklyn also surprised me with this...
lovely :)

 And I can't forget our mom's...



Corinne Clyde and Betty Irene

 John and I are so blessed to have such amazing mothers.   These two are the most selfless, loving, patient, Christ-like, humble, people I know.  They amaze me at how much they are continually serving others.  I hope to be like them one day.  John and I love you very much and are very, very grateful for all you do.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that blow out is crazyyyyyy!!!! B is so cute. What a nice "First Mother's Day." Love the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids have had blow outs like that--usually in Costco. Happy Mother's Day you little goody goody Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures. Love the nap. Those are the best with a little cuddle bug next to you. Those blow outs usually come at the most awkward times. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'its the hardest job I have ever loved' HAH! Well said!

    and that is quite the little present Brooklyn left for you! good times. the shot of you and Brooklyn cuddling is precious beyond words. Cutest mom ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the hardest job but the BEST ever! And oh those fun surprises that children love to give you. I'm so grateful to be your mom! Love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that poop! You are a great Mom! The word 'hard' keeps pushing me further, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hansen never had a blow out....that is crazy. What a great mothers day gift for you:) She is SO cute and growing up.
    Totally the hardest, best thing I've ever done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Mommies! Brooklyn's blowout was amazing, seriously she has skills.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a FUN post! Your comment, "It's the hardest job I have ever loved,"--never heard that before, but I LOVE it and can't wait to follow in your footsteps!! Becky, you're such a patient and loving momma!! Thanks for your awesome example!

    And the blowout, WATCH OUT! I don't know if I can hang with that--I pray I will be able to. :)

    ReplyDelete