Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Watching the Bowen kids

I watched my sisters kids January 7th-11th, while her and Jon (my brother-in-law) went on a cruise to the bahamas.  Here is a little recap of what we did:   
  • Thursday - The kids were already in bed that night when I got them.
  • Friday - Woke up and got the oldest three ready for school, dropped Hannah and Kate off at my moms so I could go on a run, met with Kelsi to figure out invitations, picked up Jack and the girls from school, ate pizza at my moms for dinner, went to a bridal store with my mom and tried on wedding dresses while my dad watched the kids, took the kids home, bedtime routine, passed out myself! 
  • Saturday - Jack and Emily's basketball games at 9, Lindsey's at 11, lunch and nap time (worked on my talk), met John at the nickelcade where we spent the whole afternoon (best $20 ever spent!), McDonald's for dinner, bedtime routine, passed out once again :)





  • Sunday - I had myself and all five kids fed, dressed, and to 9:00 church ON TIME (I was very impressed with myself), spoke in sacrament meeting, lunch/nap/afternoon at my parents, Stan and Pat's for dinner, back home for bedtime routine.
  • Monday -  Woke up and got the three oldest ready for school, debated with Jack about not going to school - he won :) , got the little girls ready, was relieved by my mom so I could go to work, picked Jon and Jeannette up from the airport and took them home, and then was FREE!!  :)  I'm only kidding.  The kids were GREAT and it was fun to be their mom for the weekend.  They even called me "fake mom" and John "fake dad" most of the time.  I'm so glad Jeannette and Jon were able to get away for a weekend - although they should have gone for longer!!  It was a very WELL deserved vacation!

3 comments:

  1. Wow- sounds like you guys were sure busy! I don't know that I could handle 5 kids at once. Glad Jeannette and Jon were able to go on a cruise. i bet it was a nice break for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are seriously the BEST sister and John is the BEST brother-in-law anyone could ever ask for!! I can't tell you how great it was to have a break and to know what great care the kids were getting. They had a wonderful time and we so, so, so much appreciate it! We promise to return the favor to you and John! Love you with everything I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way...what's up with Kate's hair??

    ReplyDelete