Monday, December 14, 2009

We're Engaged!!

I am still in shock but yes, WE ARE ENGAGED!!!

The setup:



The story:

I got home from work a little after six on Thursday evening (December 10th). John met me at my car and told me there was something he needed to show me in my backyard. We went in my house, down the steps (where there were a dozen red roses), and outside. My backyard was completely lit up with candles in the snow!! There was even a heart made with candles with a J and B in the middle. He gave me a box with candy and a note in it - I started crying. Then John got down on one knee, said some sweet things, and asked me to marry him! And I of course said yes!! (John met with my Dad earlier that afternoon and asked for his permission :))






I was FREEZING - the reason for my purple lips!

We then enjoyed a nice dinner, just the two of us.

I also want to add that my family watched the whole thing. I didn't see them, but apparently they were watching from the upstairs window. When we walked back inside they were all waiting in the kitchen and started cheering. And they even sang John a "welcome to the family" song :)

2 comments:

  1. Beck, that is awesome. We are so happy for you and cannot wait for John to be in the family. He is a great guy. Love the ring and the proposal. Wahooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - your lips were really purple!!! We are so excited to have John in the family and are so happy for you guys! Thanks for the invite to your blog!!

    ReplyDelete