Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Witches Party 2015

I had fun planning another witches party this year, but also sad that it was my last in Arizona.  I always copy Jeannette's ideas for her party that year, which makes it so easy.

The only stressful part was my backyard that week.  I had a huge mess to clean up by myself.  I worked on it a lot throughout the week leading up to the party.  Saturday morning I woke up to more water leaking in the backyard!  Ah!!  I called my landlord immediately and they came right over to fix it.  I was able to get that mess cleaned up in time for the party.  It was worth being able to sit outside and enjoy the nice weather during the party! 




I did the usual bread bowls and soup (made by friends Alison and Janet), veggie tray, fruit tray, salad, and for dessert my friend Morgan made her delicious cupcakes.  The only food I did was the bread bowls - ordered those from the grocery store.  Easy peasy!  

21 girls came, 30 were invited..so a great turnout!  I love all these women and am grateful to know each of them.  They have made our time here in Arizona so good.

And a few random pictures from my phone:
 
I was working and Brooklyn was supposed to be having quiet time.  She got in my mascara and was so excited to show me what she did.  Oh boy!  She actually didn't do too bad.

Well..two days later, I finished my work and Remmy was still asleep so I decided to lay down.  I walked out to Brooklyn like this (picture on the left).  I surprisingly didn't get mad at all.  I think I was so shocked and just speechless.  I told her she can never do that again though.  She did it with waterproof mascara.  I put two coats of Vaseline all over her face and that got it off.  She took a bath for an hour after that and got a good scrub down. 

Last soccer practice - We celebrated by going out for pizza.  Brooklyn loved soccer and had so much fun doing it with her friends Reese, Lexi, and Gretta.  I'm going to sign her up again in the spring.

ward trunk-or-treat

Tayvri and Remmy - this is Remmy's "cheese" face...love it

And this was AMAZING.  I filled up my whole tank in my van for $20 the other day!  Gas was $1.99/gallon, plus I got 80 cents off per gallon with my frys VIP card.  Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good witches party! It is sad moving on from the past. I missed Des Moines this Fall. Brooklyn is killing me!! haha crazy girl. Love the kids outfits- that is so creative.

    ReplyDelete