Friday, March 23, 2012

our 2 year anniversary

March 20th was our 2 year anniversary.

I can't believe we've been married for two years.  In some ways it still feels like we're the young newlyweds and it other ways it feels like we've been married for years!  (I think it feels longer to me because we have a toddler and one on the way)

We had planned to keep it low key this year.  It kind of crept up on us and the night before we were asking each other what we should do.  We thought about going to the Kelly Clarkson concert (surprisingly this was John's idea, not mine), but decided to save the money.  John bought me flowers and surprised me and came home for lunch with them.  Then we had a nice dinner (homemade crepes with strawberries, whip cream, and chocolate on top) at home.  My cousin Paul called John after we had finished eating and asked him if we wanted lower bowl Jazz tickets....ummmm YES!!  It was a great, close game (they played the Oklahoma Thunder) and the Jazz won.  AND we didn't have to take Brooklyn which was EXTRA nice.  John's mom came down from Layton to watch her and put her to bed.  It was a fun night and perfect way to spend our anniversary.




The next night we went to Z'tejas (a mexican restaurant at the Gateway) for dinner and Mike babysat for us.  It was such a fun treat to go out to dinner, just the two of us.  

I'm so lucky to have John.  He is my best friend and I think we are perfect for each other.  I get him and he gets me...and that is one of the many reasons why I love him so much.  

8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe how fast that went by Beck. Looks like you two enjoyed yourselves. That crepe looks delish!!! I think you two are perfect for each other. Cute pictures - sometimes I think B looks like your twin and other times like now I think she looks just like John!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Annie you two!!I I don't know why it seems longer to me. Glad you got to go to the game and I love Z tejas!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary you two! How fun you got lower bowl tickets to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..can't believe it's been 2 years! congrats! glad you got to go out and have some fun together! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. that went by fast!! congrats on 2 years : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man time flies! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I commented on this, but I guess it didn't work!
    Can't believe it's only been 2 years! You guys got busy;)! Sounds like a fun day. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 years and such a cute happy couple! You guys have had a lot of big changes in these two years but you've handled them beautifully. You guys are cute.

    ReplyDelete